Abdominal pain that shows up out of the blue can seem rather alarming. Let our Lima gastroenterologists help you figure out what’s going on.
Abdominal pain can be disconcerting, especially if it seems to have come about out of nowhere. Whether your pain is severe or you’ve been battling abdominal pain for a while and just don’t know the cause, our Lima, OH GI team is here to help.
Some of the more common causes of abdominal pain include:
- Indigestion and gas
- Menstrual cramps
- Gallbladder inflammation
- Gallstones or kidney stones
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Ovarian cyst, inflammation or torsion
- Urinary tract infection
- Food poisoning
- Gluten or lactose intolerant
Abdominal pain may be acute and appear suddenly or your symptoms may be chronic and last a while. While your pain may be alarming, not all abdominal pain is serious. Knowing the location, duration, pattern and other factors can help us determine the cause of your abdominal pain.
When should I visit a Lima, OH gastroenterologist?
It’s time you came into our office for care if you are experiencing any of the problems below:
- Abdominal pain that gets progressively worse
- Pain lasting more than six hours
- Severe pain
- Pain after eating or whenever you stop eating
- Pain accompanied by vomiting
- Abdominal pain when pregnant
- Pain that gets worse when moving around
- Pain that wakes you up at night
- Pain and vaginal bleeding when pregnant
- Pain and the inability to urinate or pass gas
- Pain that just feels different or concerning
When it comes to seeking treatment it’s always best to play it smart and see us if you have any concerns about your symptoms. Your health is of the utmost importance and we are here to provide you with the care you need.
The Endoscopy Center of West Central Ohio in Lima OH is here to tackle all of your GI problems, from abdominal pain to indigestion. Call our office today to schedule your next appointment. Don’t ignore abdominal pain; face the problem head on. We’re here for you!